• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding a Tegu

G

what determines the amount of ground turkey that you should feed to your tegu any given day.......and would you split it into two feeding.thanks :)

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed once per day...

For a young growing Tegu, I suggest feeding as much as it will eat, once per day...

Keep in mind that since they grow so darn fast, the size of their meals will increase just as quickly.

As adults, they do not need to eat as much or as often. I'm begining to find my Tegu is better behaved when offered smaller meals more often, as opposed to larger meals less often.

Keep in mind that in the cooler months they are less active and thus need less food.

G

thanks for the advise.....I cant say enough how impressed I am at the amount of information that I have receive thus far from this awsome site thanks all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu