• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Exo-terra Solar Glo 160w Bulb Feedback

dorton

5 Year Member
So, about 3 weeks ago, I purchased an exo-terra sun glo 160w bulb for my tegu enclosure. First thing I noticed was I now had to lower the bulb about 8" go get the same basking temp compared to a 150w hardware store bulb. The first bulb lasted approx 2 weeks before it stopped. Now I am on my 2nd(store exchanhed for me), and again now the bulb has to be so low I am uncomforable with its height, and may have to add a 2nd bulb to get the heat where I want it.

Fit and Finish:B(Nothing Special)
Functionality:D(had to lower bulb height 8" to get same basking temp)
Reliability:F(on failure in less than a month)

Overall Grad:F(I would not recommend)

I am not happy in the least, well, maybe the least, but when this one dies, I am going back to Lowes Home Improvement and getting some more bulbs.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Iv use the exoterra bilbs before and they do Blow.. I had mine for i think about a week before they stoped working..
I use 100w from homedepot..its so much cheaper.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
lol, i've had mine for the past 4 months and it's still going, but they blew up a little after i accidently sprayed the lamp, but true that you can get cheaper ones

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
lol, i've had mine for the past 4 months and it's still going, but they blew up a little after i accidently sprayed the lamp, but true that you can get cheaper ones

Hey, there is a new signature pic for you in the same thread you got yours from..its resized.
:)

dorton

5 Year Member
Update: The pet shop gave me a replacement. So far its done much better. At the height of the bulb that went bad, the new one's basking spot was raised to 130 deg f. Now it seems that the first bulb I had was just a bad bulb, but time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029