• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

entertaining

RobK.

Having Roni my Rhino has been a joy . I have some heath issues that i have been dealing with watching Roni is entertaining and sure helps divert my attention from pain . :D Just something soothing about watching reptiles . IMO

roastedspleen

hey im getti ue hybrid do you have any advice?

sorry my typing is crap i meant to say that im getting a blue rock iguana hybrid

Maro1

RobK. said:
Having Roni my Rhino has been a joy . I have some heath issues that i have been dealing with watching Roni is entertaining and sure helps divert my attention from pain . :D Just something soothing about watching reptiles . IMO

Rob, I agree completely! Take Care.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I'm glad he's had such a positive impact on your life. If more people heard stories like this instead of the ones involving constrictors eating kids then we wouldn't be worrying about python bans and all this stupidity. And people say dogs are man's best friend . . . lol.

RobK.

roastedspleen said:
im getting a blue rock iguana hybrid

very cool , be sure to post some photos !!!

I love my Rhino but this guy( below) is right there with him . I have spent more hours feeding, taming and setting with my Rhino than training my lab to retrieve ducks . LOL Jake my lab has spent many many hours on the floor with me while pain kept me from sleeping . its a win win for both of us . he gets his ears and belly scratched ALL night long , and i feel better . Crazy but pets really do make me feel better .He's such a great dog . I really enjoy all my pets .:D

I think i have the most spoiled Lab in Utah . He's a great hunter, retrieving tons of ducks for me each year . He get a peace of every duck he retrieves NO kennel for him he gets the whole house and the large back yard . He also rides in the Cab when its freezing out on the way back from a hunt , wet or not . He's people not just a dog , just like Roni's not just a lizard . When you take a animal into your home their life depends on you , you should do everything possibly to make them happy and keep them healthy .I now people who have put down dogs then pay 1/3 of what my vet bills for Roni have cost me . BUT yes i do enjoy hunting and eating the wild game i take , as does Jake my hairiest son . LOL

IMG_4924.jpg

I once slept a whole month on the floor keeping Jake from pulling his hair out at night , from a separation /anxiety disorder he had from the beginning .. Crazy i know but It worked !! I tried a plastic collar/Funnel over his head , BitterEnd spray and pills , with no luck at all and i tried these things for a year BUT loving him to death did the trick and he has yet to pull one hair out since ,and it been over 4 years . :) My wife still ribs me over that !! LOL

Jakepose_MG_4352.jpg

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i know what your saying i love my lizards as well and agree with what you said,
When you take a animal into your home their life depends on you,well put.I to spoil my dog my girlfriend hates it but who cares lol,animals are the best.And hope all is well with you too Robk.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
He is a very good looking dog ( cute stories by the way ). I'm very sorry to hear that you have to deal with the painful health problems. But you are right. Animals are the best therapy. I wouldn't know what I would do without our pets. I wish you the best.

RobK.

txrepgirl said:
He is a very good looking dog ( cute stories by the way ). I'm very sorry to hear that you have to deal with the painful health problems. But you are right. Animals are the best therapy. I wouldn't know what I would do without our pets. I wish you the best.

Thanks .

I just got back from having my nose reconstructed yesterday . A week ago i had a reaction from some pain meds , i passed out hitting my bridge of my nose on the SHARP corner of the Kitchen counter , then a face plant to the floor knocking me totally out . I woke up to my wife screaming and a very large pool of blood under my face getting bigger by the second I Broke my nose in three places and a brain concussion . Something i am taking is slowing my heart down to as low as 40-45 beats per minute and making me weak . I also got whiplash in my already bad neck , after hitting my head off the counter and floor . :huh: Not a good week . :(:huh:

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear you are going through medical difficulties, especially after you had all those issues with your iggy. I'll sacrifice a goat or two to the heathen gods to ensure you a swift recovery.

RobK.

dragonmetalhead said:
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear you are going through medical difficulties, especially after you had all those issues with your iggy. I'll sacrifice a goat or two to the heathen gods to ensure you a swift recovery.

doing way better today , bleeding has stopped , splints and stitches removed from the inside of my nose .

before broken nose . MY wife makes me look better than i really am LOL .she's a good lady , not sure how she's put up with me for 30years though . with all the crazy pets i have had .

candiceandme.jpg

looking good !! LOL LOL PLus it was not as painful as i though it could be . so its looking up !! Now, we Dr/Me are trying to figure out why i passed out . wearing a heart monitor for a few days now . Pets really do help me mend !

nosejob.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Really sorry to hear about the medical problems you are having Rob. Hope you get well quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont