• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dumeril boa help

F69erFred

5 Year Member
My buddy and I are talk about snakes. I think dumeril boas arnt that hard to take care of and he says they are. What do you guys think.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Nah not at all, I had one up until about 4 months ago. Really fairly simple mine was just nasty so I traded him...

Sakara

5 Year Member
go with a 66qt or larger bin from walmart... it will last him a LOT longer... lol also much better for humidity and stuff

F69erFred

5 Year Member
The breeder of the dumerils iv been talking to says he uses a people heating pad that people use and he say they work.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Well I don't know but I personally had mine in a large wooden cage, seeing as I don't really approve of tubs, and had the cage heated with a ceramic bulb.

Sakara

5 Year Member
the tubs can be heated with a heat pad or heat tape... Just make sure you have it on a thermostat or herpstat because if you don't have it dimmed down it will burn it...

Sakara

5 Year Member
if you mean by first level the lowest setting, yea probably... a good basking spot of 90degrees is not hot enough to melt the plastic, so that should be good ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu