• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dozer is twitching,

babyyitslove

I like Dexter! Not just the name, but the character. He does what many of us would love to do. Too bad there isn't a vigilante out there now. Too many people have been getting away with some heinous ****.

Dirtydmc

Ok. So after 3 days of adding suppliments, Dozer finally ate food. Turkey mixed with beef liver, herpavits, and calcium spray. His twitching isn't that bad thank the gods. But any twitching makes me nervous.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Can you get some chicken necks? I just picked some up this weekend and my tegu devoured them. They are supposed to be very calcium rich as well.

HerpDLP

5 Year Member
Just a Thought Her From My Own Experiences with Colombians,
But Try Cutting Out The Liver From The Diet,
But Keep The Calcium And Multi-Vitamins Along With The Turkey,
The Reason For This Is Colombians Can Twitch From To-Much Iron
Basically It is Like An Iron Overdose. . .

Hope This Helps. . .

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would cut the herpvite to no more than twice weekly. But keep up with the calcium on every meal that does not have bones. The spray is calcium and not Vit D, right?

I started feeding chicken necks after reading about it on this site. They can be hard to find, though. One store told me that only the stores that cut their own chickens have the necks. I bought turkey necks but the bones are too large and passed through. Cutting them can be a pain. My big tegus can slurp down the chicken necks pretty easily, but the little guys have to have them chopped up.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've also gotten turkey necks before. Guru was still itty bitty so I had to pull the meat off it and cut it up really small. Now they everyones larger I'm probably going to get them again when thanksgiving comes around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029