• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Donatello will not eat :/ help!

Kym123089

He has to be hungry eventually.

Thanks for the info on your tegu diet and how he behaved. I just worry about him burying himself so much. I'm trying something new today and hopefully it'll work

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
My 2 month Tegu hasn't really been eating and today he never cane out of his hide GE actually blocked the entrance with the moss wat can I do.to.her him.out or keep him.from hibernation

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea I had to make Zeus come out he looked at me like wat the hell.and didn't even touch his food just went to bask

Kym123089

Donatello does that. He did just eat a little ground turkey, boiled egg with shell and liver mix (all blended). Now he is back to hiding

KABIKANO

chitodadon said:
Yea it scares me because I think he sick or something

If you think he's sick, take him to the vet then. If not, leave him alone, he may be trying to brumate.

KABIKANO

Kym123089 said:
So if he wants to just sleep I should leave him be and not try to get him to eat

Yes if he is healthy and is just trying to brumate. If for any reason u think he is sick or just not right, take him to the vet. Sometimes my buddy Bakunawa will hide out for a few days atta time. I was worried in the beginning too but I remember I was told by knowledgeable tegu owners and breeders to just leave him be. Well I did and he is fine. Just my experience, (which isnt much) lol. Hope it works out for u and ur gu.

chitodadon said:
Well he woke up this morning at 1030

I bet ur happy.

Kym123089

He seems completely healthy and is a fiesty little thing. I was curious if brumation might be the cause of his constant burrowing and decreased appetite. There isn't much as far as help around here (only one other tegu keeper that I know of in the area) so this is my main source of experienced keepers.

KABIKANO

Kym123089 said:
He seems completely healthy and is a fiesty little thing. I was curious if brumation might be the cause of his constant burrowing and decreased appetite. There isn't much as far as help around here (only one other tegu keeper that I know of in the area) so this is my main source of experienced keepers.

I'M NOT BY A LONG SHOT AN EXPERIENCED KEEPER. I'VE HAD REPTILES FOR OVER 10 YEARS BUT TEGUS ONLY FOR ABOUT A YEAR. BUT FROM WHAT I'VE READ AND BEEN TOLD BY TEGU KEEPERS AND BREEDERS, DECREASED APPETITE GOES HAND IN HAND WITH APPROACHING BRUMATION. THE DIGGING AND BURROWING ARE JUST INSTINCTUAL TEGU TRAITS SO BRUMATING OR NOT, THEY GONNA DIG. HOPE I KOULD HELP EVEN A LITTLE BIT. GOOD LUCK AND TAKE KARE!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea I left some foot on a dish in the enclosure he ate a chicken heart but didn't touch the egg venison or rabbit

Kym123089

KABIKANO said:
Kym123089 said:

I'M NOT BY A LONG SHOT AN EXPERIENCED KEEPER. I'VE HAD REPTILES FOR OVER 10 YEARS BUT TEGUS ONLY FOR ABOUT A YEAR. BUT FROM WHAT I'VE READ AND BEEN TOLD BY TEGU KEEPERS AND BREEDERS, DECREASED APPETITE GOES HAND IN HAND WITH APPROACHING BRUMATION. THE DIGGING AND BURROWING ARE JUST INSTINCTUAL TEGU TRAITS SO BRUMATING OR NOT, THEY GONNA DIG. HOPE I KOULD HELP EVEN A LITTLE BIT. GOOD LUCK AND TAKE KARE!

It does make me feel better about his appetite, I'll keep trying food for a bit just in case. I don't mean burrowing in general, I mean he literally will stay buried all day and night. Thank you for your advice :)

KABIKANO

Kym123089 said:
KABIKANO said:
Kym123089 said:

It does make me feel better about his appetite, I'll keep trying food for a bit just in case. I don't mean burrowing in general, I mean he literally will stay buried all day and night. Thank you for your advice :)

[size=large]BEING BURIED ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT IS A TEGU THANG TOO! LOL! DON'T STRESS MAMI, HE'LL BE ALRIGHT.[/size]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu