• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Do I have a male or female tegu?

Python21

Can you more experienced tegu breeders or keepers help me find out the sex of this subadult blue tegu?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
We can't tell from those photos. Put the legs back and the tail back just a bit. Like this photo.

Attachments

• 7653425_orig.jpg
    7653425_orig.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 82

Python21

I hope these are better pics. I was told it's a male but it could indeed be a female or just a young male that's not old enough to sex. He is still under 2 feet but not by much. It's a tough call at this point isn't it?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Brittany

You can feel two little BBs on the sides where the arow is showing you can see clutters of white also. Mine is 24" long. Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 64

Python21

Hi Brittany and thank you for your reply and input. In fact I can now see the BBs. If you look closely at my pic 1, you can see them to the right of his vent, making him a male tegu.

Thank you for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029