• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Desert Tortoise

Beazer

5 Year Member
Well, the early rains have brought out my Desert Toroise (Gopherus agassizii)so I snapped a couple pics of him and fed him a few greens. He follows me around the yard when he is out because he knows I can get him the "good stuff" and not just the bermuda grass/hibiscus/opuntia pads laying around, lol. I still havent named this guy :/ .

May2309020Large.jpg

(I love their elephant feet lol)
May2309023Large.jpg

May2309022Large.jpg

-Jon DeLong

CaterpillarGiraffe

5 Year Member
SO cute! I love Tortoises so much, I was thinking of getting myself a Sulcata or Leopard Tortoise in the next year or so.

What is the housing like for this guy? Outdoor?

Beazer

5 Year Member
His enclosure is my entire backyard lol. My pit is afraid of tortoises so when hes out he doesnt even go near it. And the tortoise isnt afraid of anything. I was going to build an outdoor enclosure but decided to let him roam the whole yard. The rabbit dug a huge burrow (must be about 20ft+ in lenght lol) and so he and the rabbit hid in there during the hot days/winters. And the neighborhood cats dont bother him either.
The enclosure I was going to build for him was going to be 20ft x 12ft, but now he roams that area (where the burrow is) and all over my yard lol.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu