• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dead Red Iguana Lives

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
YouTuber "bigboy3293" brought his iguana, Red, back from the brink of death in this damn well sad, but great video. I'm one very close terms with bigboy and we discuss reptiles often on YouTube. Red comes back at the 11 minute mark. It truly is a great video, and really does show bigboy's love for his reptiles. The link is below.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAjdDtt2g8&feature=g-all-u&context=G26f097cFAAAAAAAAAAA

Enjoy.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
its nice to see someone who cares about their reptiles like that. i wonder how hes doing now.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I saw that video earlier and it scared the heck out of me. Thank God he didn't give up on him and Red is OK. I SO would of freaked out if this would of happened to one of our lizards.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's not dead just in Torpor which is similar to hibernation just not as deep in to it. They come around as long as they're able to warm up. It's the same thing that happened in Florida when it got cold and Iguanas were falling out of trees.

I don't want anyone to see this video and think they can bring their pet back to life if it does actually die, just by doing chest compressions. It wasn't necessary and there's more to CPR than that.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
It's not dead just in Torpor which is similar to hibernation just not as deep in to it. They come around as long as they're able to warm up. It's the same thing that happened in Florida when it got cold and Iguanas were falling out of trees.

I don't want anyone to see this video and think they can bring their pet back to life if it does actually die, just by doing chest compressions. It wasn't necessary and there's more to CPR than that.

Never said it was dead, I copy pasted the name of the video into this thread. I said he brought it back from the brink of death.

Either way, this guys care for his reptiles is unlike any I've ever seen. So, yea.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know, just clarifying for those who will see the title, video as well as description (under video) and think other wise. Which is why I posted on this thread and commented on the video.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I have a friend who tried to give mouth-to-mouth to a water dragon who had apparently passed out underwater while swimming in the water dish. Got more than half his upper lip ripped off for his efforts and has a rather ugly scar.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow that is like how I found my tegu! Only his mouth was open and cocked to the side. Slowly warming him up brought him back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont