• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Custom enclosures

MizM

5 Year Member
Located in Leander, Texas. Sorry, cannot ship them.

The top two setups are $250 EACH complete with lights and decor.

The bottom one is $500 complete with lights and decor. It can be used for fish.

Prices are obo. ON the top two, will sell the tanks individually.
100_4177.jpg

100_4178.jpg

100_4167.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
sorry but whats custom about them? they just look like glass fishtanks to me.

are you selling all the animals too or just the cages?

off topic: are you really keeping a chameleon in a desert setup? and do you always house multiple bearded dragons together or were they together for breeding purposes at the time that the pictures were taken?

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Yeah o_O That chameleon looks like it has no humidity, high heat, low ventalation... its walkin on the ground. Thats messed up, research animals before you get them....

alewis0890

5 Year Member
250-500 for a custom stand? :shock:

ok if they come with the 40 gallon breeders which are around 100 a pea. then thats 200 for the first picture... the only think i see is you taking $3.00 2x4's and 1x1's to turn a profit for buying there tank first then sale it to them....

this is:
:bs

Wooly

5 Year Member
The only thing custom I see about these is the tops of the cages, $250 is extremely steep for these cages.

Tux

5 Year Member
fish tanks are worth a buck a gallon, be generous and add $75 for the tops...decor can pretty much be gathered free from a local beach, lights will probably need replaced but fixtures at home depot are under $10 each. $750 for all is a pretty big rip off.

Poor animals too, not correct setups and limited space when you did get the setup almost right....what were you thinking?

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Yikes people. If the prices are too high for you, no need to attack the person. Just don't buy them.

Definitely hope that cham is in a different enclosure and set up now though.

Beasty

5 Year Member
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.
Lil' gang bashing goin' on there. Go easy, we don't wanna run new folks off. Sometimes people don't understand that you can't get near what you paid for something at a pet store once you've used it..or period actually. Once you've been in the trade a while you realize you can get things FAR cheaper than the pet store charges and likely better products as well. Let's not run em off from our forum before they figure that out. ;)

Tux

5 Year Member
I'm a blunt person, they have:

1 black throat monitor
1 veiled chameleon
1 rosy boa
1 breeding pair red-tail boas
1 leopard gecko
36 tarantulas
6 scorpions

and live with 50 beardies, I'd say they aren't new and should know better. I'd also say when you have an animal in a totally improper setup you should be called on it especially if you have been in the hobby long enough to collect that many animals including a breeding pair.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
Red Earth Exotics said:
Yikes people. If the prices are too high for you, no need to attack the person. Just don't buy them.

Definitely hope that cham is in a different enclosure and set up now though.
my set
iments exactly!! jesus you guys attack like a bunch of komodos!! thank god no face to face!! hahahaha :app

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Tux said:
I'm a blunt person, they have:

1 black throat monitor
1 veiled chameleon
1 rosy boa
1 breeding pair red-tail boas
1 leopard gecko
36 tarantulas
6 scorpions

and live with 50 beardies, I'd say they aren't new and should know better. I'd also say when you have an animal in a totally improper setup you should be called on it especially if you have been in the hobby long enough to collect that many animals including a breeding pair.

new or not, a little tact will go a long way. besides, i was talking mainly about everyone griping about the prices. if you don't like the price, don't buy it. you don't need to say that they are trying to rip people off.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
sorry if i started this. i was just asking what was the custom part about it.

and also commenting about the cham in a bad setup and asking about the beardies

they were legitimate questions, i wasnt trying to start anything.

Tux

5 Year Member
Red Earth Exotics stating "$750 for all is a pretty big rip off." is different than "your trying to rip people off", one is a an accusation the other is not. I wasn't attacking on the price aspect just running down the figures and posting the result with a comment based on the market price for such items. That aspect had little to do with the person posting it and alot to do with the items offered at the set prices. If nobody comments on the high price than someone may buy it for that only to turn around, find it for half that and get a bad opinion of the people whom post here.....my point is if you don't want comments on the offer don't post it on a discussion forum.

MizM

5 Year Member
I checked this thread to bump it up and lower the prices because we really need to get rid of these things. Your assumptions and comments are really hurtful. It's fine to ask questions, but please don't judge until you have definitive answers to your concerns.

1. The chameleon's tank was being cleaned. She loves that particular beardie, so sits with him while her tank is being cleaned. She is not a permanent desert dweller.
2. All beardies were in long term breeding groups, one male per group. Never had a fight among them.
3. My brother built all the enclosures himself while he was still able. I thought that constitued custom, as they weren't store bought. Forgive me if I used the wrong word. They are quality enclosures and built really nicely, the lights are built into the lid and there is easy access for cleaning.

I have no idea on market value of enclosures, PMs suggesting a better price rather than posting my ignorance for the world to see would have been nice.

We have gotten rid of the beardies and are selling the enclosures because my brother died on March 11 of ALS. It's been a heartbreaking process, as he loved his beardies, but we just don't hve the time to give them the PROPER care. If you have some constructive suggestions to help me sell them, or would like to make an offer, please PM me. WE are entertaining all offers at this point.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mkulu

5 Year Member
Wow. You guys may not realize this, but as a relatively new user I have seen "attacking posts" more than once. I love this site and all the help is appreciated ALOT. Just maybe think twice, type once. Before you post give people the benefit of the doubt and ask questions before assuming you know whats going on. What a sad thing Mizm. I am heart broken for your loss. The people on this site are great. I think its just hard sometimes also to type a message. Sometimes it comes off different typed then intended, OTHER times the users just REALLY need more tact and diplomacy. Again sorry for your loss and I hope everything works out. If you post a few questions reguarding value and give the users here another shot you will see how extremely helpful they can be in helping you with whatever you need.

MizM

5 Year Member
Mkulu said:
Wow. You guys may not realize this, but as a relatively new user I have seen "attacking posts" more than once. I love this site and all the help is appreciated ALOT. Just maybe think twice, type once. Before you post give people the benefit of the doubt and ask questions before assuming you know whats going on. What a sad thing Mizm. I am heart broken for your loss. The people on this site are great. I think its just hard sometimes also to type a message. Sometimes it comes off different typed then intended, OTHER times the users just REALLY need more tact and diplomacy. Again sorry for your loss and I hope everything works out. If you post a few questions reguarding value and give the users here another shot you will see how extremely helpful they can be in helping you with whatever you need.

I know... for the most part, this is a great place. As will all boards of this type though, some of the younger posters feel the need to "call people out" before finding out the facts, rather than ask questions first. In time, they will learn "board etiquette" and wait until they know facts.

I also appreciate everyone's concern over the welfare of the reptiles. Keeping a chameleon in a desert environ would be a horrible sentence for the little girl. Fortunately, she has a nice, tropical home with drippers, misters, plants..... but it DOES need to be cleaned regularly and she has to be contained while I'm doing it... she can't move fast, but CAN disappear fast!!!

So, taking all offers on the enclosures. I've never had to buy one, they all came free with the creatures I've rescued.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029