• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Crickets until what size?

Utahraptor

5 Year Member
Hi guys!

So my B/W is about 20 inches long right now and absolutely loves crickets. When I first tried the crickets I was concerned that they wouldn't be taken because of their small size, but he/she gobbles them down without a problem.

If you guys kept your gus eating crickets alongside their meats/fruits, was there a certain size when your gu would no longer accept crickets?

I have a dubia colony, but I wanted to feed him crickets as well to ease the consumption of my roach colony.

Thanks!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i would say feed them until he starts to ignore them! nero stopped taking bugs when she was about 15-17" but achilles is 30" and he still eats them occaisionally so now their just a treat!

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
exactly what reptastic said, its pretty much intil they look at crickets then look at yu like your crazy lol My tegus are now all on roaches now and love them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029