• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian Gold Tegu???

Darkangel92

5 Year Member
Can anyone give me a lil more information on these guys. The petstore by me that specializes in reptiles has one for sale and they said they only get about 3ft.

My mom and I are looking to get one sometime in the near future and we were wondering wat the smallest type of tegu is that isnt over like $100. The gold tegu at the store looked and sounded perfect but i wld like some more info if anyone can help me out with that.

Here is a pic of the one at the petstore i went to.
0103091933.jpg

Thanks,
Sara

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The tegu in the picture is not the Colombian Gold tegu, but rather the Colombian Black tegu. The care is on my care sheet, but I would not be too hopeful of this species getting tame. They are the smallest tegu species, but also the less friendly.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Columbian Tegu are very difficult and not for the beginner. They are very fiesty and bite alomst always. I am raising one and will stringly suggest paying a bit more and get an Argentine or other species of tegu. If you want a lizard that gets large and is easy to care for, get a Bearded Dragon. For your sake and the tegus, think about this very carefully. And for your reference this pic is of a Gold. Maybe you could bring it to the petstore to teach the guys there some stuff about reptiles. LOL
TeguLizardSpreadOutFacingLeft.jpg

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Yeah you should look into a Bearded Dragon! They max out at about 2feet, there very nice and great first time pets! Google it! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980