• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cod liver oil experience

Riplee

5 Year Member
Yesterday, I bought a Cod Liver Oil for my Tegu. I mix the oil into the ground turkey (just a little). then my Tegu didnt eat any turkey.

Just now, I tried a scoop of the Oil. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I understand why my Tegu didnt eat anything today.!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:lol: No one ever said it tastes good, or even smells good. My mom use to make us take a tablespoon everyday when we were younger, so I know exactly what it tastes like. Unfortunately its something that sticks with you. After you have forgotten about it, you burp and taste it all over again :( .

I put less than a teaspoon in my tegus food. The first time I tried it they wouldn't eat it until I cut back on how much I put in. Dino ate a little then he decided it was better to slide through and rub his face in it. You would think he was a dog that just found a carcass or a puddle of mud or something. But he does the same thing with salmon, eat some then roll, :roll: slide, walk and rub his body through the rest of it. I gave him a whole Salmon Steak a couple of weeks ago instead of cut into pieces so he couldn't do his usual ritual.

Don't give up on the oil,..just try using less so your Gu gets use to it

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
My Tegu enjoys it. She is still small and not yet a year old. I use it when I cook her eggs. Either in the pan or usually (to save time) put cod liver oil in a bowl, scramble an egg in it, and microwave it to cook it. She loves her eggs that way. She got used to it I guess. She used to eat it with ground turkey, but I haven't bought any ground turkey in a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu