• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs the tegu: the taming

JkiddReptiles

Hello, I have a month old tegu named Chubbs. I have had him for only a week now. He is very docile and he used to tail whip but doesn't anymore. He lets me pet his back and will crawl onto my arm when in stick in his enclosure. However he won't let me pick him up. Also once he is outside his enclosure he will try to climb on my back and my head when ever he gets the chance. He is a little bit high strung when he is outside his enclosure. He hasn't tried to run away but whenever i try to put him back inside his enclosure its a hassle because he climbs all over my body. I get the feeling that he still isn't comfortable around me yet. I am going to try the t-shirt method tomorrow. Do guys have any tips or tricks on getting him to calm down. Should I handle him everyday so that he gets used to me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu