• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

change in sleep pattern?

ericskggs

I am new to the tegu world and just got an Argentine black and white about a month ago now. Everything is going great with her and she is active and healthy. Three days ago I had to change out all her substrate and clean the enclosure. I added about two inches of sand/soil with a bag of hardwood mulch. I have noticed a huge difference in her sleeping and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what would cause the sudden change? She is still eating great,has great bowel movements and is still very active. Before I changed everything out she was getting up around 9 or 10 am and went to bed at exactly 6:30 every night. Now she is getting up around 10:30 to 11 and is back in her hide for the night by three or four. Is there anything I should be concerned with or is it possible she is getting ready to go into hibernation? Temps and humidity is same as before

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. I answered these questions in your other thread. We could use a bit more info to help you determine the underlying issue. I have a feeling though that these are normal patterns

ericskggs

Thanks for the reply Josh. Guessing that the changing of her substrate was what brought the change on. Everything is back to normal and she is doing great. Only thing I have to worry about now is getting to the point of where I can handle her and be interactive with her. Still working on the trust and bonding process

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu