• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

capybara

kaa

5 Year Member
i was thinking the same thing. I think a lady in texas breeds them. I think she charges like 600 for them

preston897

yea the ones i have seen for sale are about 600. they seem really awsome. and evidently they are very intelligent. from what i hear the only issue is that they like to chew stuff so you have to watch them. basically they are like big dogs. their diet is very simple. hays, grasses, and fruits. and supplement with vitamin C or some guinea pig food. like mizuri.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol i did a project on these guys in college. Being they are rodents they do chew alot to keep those teeth from growing to long. If you get a male i've heard its better to nuture them otherwise they can be territorial and some will head but. Other than that they make ok pets. Back in the 70's and 80's they were a popular pet, but as the meat and fur market died down less and less people breed them. Oh ya a kiddy pool is a must with these guys they love to swim and sit in water. Mazuri makes an herbivior diet pellet that when mixed with either vit c or g-pig diet works perfectly well for them, thats what alot of zoos use.

Keith_w

5 Year Member
I saw these things a lot when i lived in brazil, and i never knew you could keep them as pets. Do they tame down well?

preston897

from what i understand they do tame very well. they are like dogs. and you just have to give them somthing to chew on. i would love to get one when i have a house. and i do plan on getting a large kiddy pool. they just seem super cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980