• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can't get columbian to eat??

hailmike

5 Year Member
So I've had my little guy for a little over a week now and no matter what I try I can't seem to get him to eat. I'm getting scared that he might starve, any ideas??

Anthony

5 Year Member
what kind of foods are u offering him? maybe take em to a vet might have parasites but i dnt know

Meg90

5 Year Member
I got a great feeding response with both eggs (including shell) and with a raw steak of yellow fin tuna....

It would help to know what you are offering it.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
With my Colombian, once I started offering the turkey with cod liver oil, chicken hearts, beef hearts and such, she stopped eating the crickets, super worms and mice. The chicken hearts are her absolute favorite

hailmike

5 Year Member
i've tried d. bubia roaches, night crawlers, mealworms, superworms, waxworms and crickets(all because i have them for my fish and other reptiles.) raw and hard boiled eggs, beef heart, and ground and chopped turkey. i've tried in a different area and in the cage.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Try the chicken hearts, I know every animal is different, however I can sometimes get her to eat something after I go back and rub the chicken heart on it. Also, what are you temps in the enclosure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus