• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can you guys post pics of your High contrast Red Varnyard tegus

SuperSkylar

Hi guys, I have put the down payment on An extreme giant, and a high contrast red tegu from Bobby. I wanted to see what your reds from him looked like from any ages: hatchlings, young, and mature. Thanks.

got10

SuperSkylar said:
Hi guys, I have put the down payment on An extreme giant, and a high contrast red tegu from Bobby. I wanted to see what your reds from him looked like from any ages: hatchlings, young, and mature. Thanks.

As soon as they come outta hibernation

SuperSkylar

got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:

Are there any pics of them prior to hibernation?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rexie passed, but here are photos of him as a yearling and adult. He was awesome! I got him as a yearling and he was 3yo when he passed.

tegus003-1.jpg

2Rexie10-09.jpg

Rexie-1.jpg

RexieandKreacher.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thx, he was really pretty and I was quite fond of him. I'm not exactly sure how he passed but I have a good idea. The Argentine tegus are kept in my garage. It's a block home and being in FL, the temps don't go too low. One year we had a unseasonably cold winter. Our heater died and we found out that we had a gas leak; the whole thing had to be replaced. His cage was right next to the gas furnace out in the garage, and on the bottom of the rack. Since he died during hibernation, we're not sure if he got too cold one night, or if the gas settled into his cage and he died of asphyxiation. I could smell the gas in the garage and his side vents opened right toward the furnace. I'm thinking it was the gas leak. Poor guy.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rex was one hell of a good looking red Laura, sorry for your loss. At least he passed in his sleep.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know, I was glad he died in his sleep. But I was the one who found him and it was such a shock. It was the first time I ever found a pet dead...well besides fish and hamsters and stuff.

SuperSkylar

laurarfl said:
Rexie passed, but here are photos of him as a yearling and adult. He was awesome! I got him as a yearling and he was 3yo when he passed.

tegus003-1.jpg

2Rexie10-09.jpg

Rexie-1.jpg

RexieandKreacher.jpg

laurarfl said:
I know, I was glad he died in his sleep. But I was the one who found him and it was such a shock. It was the first time I ever found a pet dead...well besides fish and hamsters and stuff.

He was a nice looking guy, I'm sorry for your loss.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=3893]
heres a pic of our red, its not one of bobbys but its a red none the less.

Attachments

• 408292_2844237276872_1587572614_2519255_876752677_n[1].jpg
    408292_2844237276872_1587572614_2519255_876752677_n[1].jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 10

SuperSkylar

frost said:

Hes/shes not hard on the eyes at all ;) Do any of you know how Bobby's high contrast reds turn out? Are they super bright red (not pink or orange or yellow), like do the males usually look like the big gorgeous red on his varnyard store site?
Thanks.

Attachments

• red male 3.jpg
    red male 3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18

got10

SuperSkylar said:
got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:

SuperSkylar

got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:
got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:

??Sorry I don't think you posted anything?

got10

SuperSkylar said:
got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:

[/q
I will post them real soon . Some might be up in the for sale section sadly so

SuperSkylar said:
got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:
got10 said:
SuperSkylar said:

??Sorry I don't think you posted anything?

My one female "Lady " is posted in the contest thread. She is the one playing fetch .

got10

My account was hacked and inappropriate content was inserted into the replies i sent out to people. And I have been able to remove them from the posting. Does anyone have any idea on how to remove it besides starting whole new account?

Attachments

• 2012-01-20 15.55.08.jpg
    2012-01-20 15.55.08.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 2012-01-20 15.59.22.jpg
    2012-01-20 15.59.22.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 2012-01-20 15.58.41.jpg
    2012-01-20 15.58.41.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 2012-01-20 15.55.30.jpg
    2012-01-20 15.55.30.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

got10

got10 said:
My account was hacked and inappropriate content was inserted into the replies i sent out to people. And I have been able to remove them from the posting. Does anyone have any idea on how to remove it besides starting whole new account?

Special thanks to James W ;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got here like 5 minutes too late - James had already fixed everything by the time I tried to
Good on ya, James! ;)

SuperSkylar

SuperSkylar said:
frost said:

Hes/shes not hard on the eyes at all ;) Do any of you know how Bobby's high contrast reds turn out? Are they super bright red (not pink or orange or yellow), like do the males usually look like the big gorgeous red on his varnyard store site?
Thanks.

spark678 said:
so what ever happened to the 2011 red hatchlings?

got10 said:

What a nice looking tegu! And does anyone have an answer for the other question?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you mean what happened to the 2011 reds? If so, thats still kind of a hot topic. That discussion usually ends up getting out of hand.

I do not have any reds, I have seen/heard the male reds tend to have the brighter coloring. The lighting can also change the coloring a little bit. My hybrid shows a little bit of color variation depending on the light I have him in.