• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can someone please help me, im very confused of how im supposed to seal my enclosure.

aambumann

I lined the base of my enclosure with FRP. It is actually very easy to work with and provides a watertight lining that is very durable. Take a little time getting the sheets cut to size and do a dry run of fitting everything if you are using the corner/edging kits as those typically require you to trim the main panels a little more. FRP adhesive usually firms up in 30-45 minutes which seems a long time but really is not, so you need to move reasonable quickly. Using the right spreader for the adhesive ensures good adhesion and reduces cleanup.

I see lots of enclosures that do not line the base with FRP, but I have to assume they do not last as long. I would also be worried based on the location of the enclosure as to what might be the impact of moisture escaping the enclosure and causing your floor or walls to rot (not an issue if it is outside or sitting on concrete).

I was wondering where you purchased the FRP and supplies?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff