• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can she lay 2 clutches in a year.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
My female blue Tegu appears to be gravid again within 3 months of laying her last clutch. I didn't think this was possible, they did start Mateing again, she's started nest building, so male has been removed, so she can get on stress free. Has any one else experienced this.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I know it's possible in monitors although I don't know about tegus. I'm sure it is totally possible although I'm also sure others will advise against it.

Ujarak

From what ive heard it is possible for them to breed twice in a year but most likely wont breed the next year

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its very possible, especially because your first clutch was very early in the season. I would make sure to keep the separate for a while just to make sure she can get rested up and fatten up before the winter cold. Blues do not always hibernate but they will slow down and live mainly off fat reserves in the winter.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
yea its definate as the vid will show, not going to let this happen again though, i genuinely thought it was a once a year thing. you learn some thing new every day.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/rQif6U_W1Os[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029