• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Burm and Boa

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Hey tegu talkers! As many of you may know, I've been planning to buy a new snake for the past two or three week's and about 8days ago i got my snake(s).

I brought a Burmese python and Colombian red tail boa, both females and very gorgeous. Great eaters and healthy.

The burm is about 20-22" and "she" was suppose to be a "he" but all the males we're gone, its cool though. She has a attitude, loves to hiss at me lol. She ate the third day home and is already going into shed. Its weird because when i got her there was some shed in the bag.

The boa is about 16" i think. Really (really) hyper, super skittish. Won't stay still in my hand for one second. She ate as we'll on the third day. No shed right now but really beautiful colors!

I'm still working on getting a cam for some better pics, right now all i have are web cam pics. Which in all honesty does no real justice when it comes to the size and color, they are smaller than they look and brighter.

I also got a Green iguana in the package, the ig is not mines though. My friend is coming to pick him up friday. He gave me the money and i brought it for him so he(my friend) could just save on shipping.

So i also got some pics of the ig the first day home.

I haven't handled the ig yet and the snakes i held in the pic's and then when i was changing them off of cypress. Other than that i haven't handled the snakes yet. I don't plan to either, i rather just let them chill and be snakes rather than bother them all the time.

Oh and i got these guys from UnderGround Reptiles

And once again i am a very very happy customer. I love working with those guys, great prices,service and healthy animals.

A little update. All of my reptiles,dogs,cats and birds are doing good. My dubia colony for some reason seems to be failing though (beardie was hungry lol ;) ). Got my sav back, mean little devil.

I might separate my beardies, one seems to be eating more than the other and growing faster, its already a 4" difference and i got them when they we're both the same size at like 5-6".

However i am still teguless :(... No tegu as of now, i want a Normal Argentine, and i want one with the green still on its head, i like to raise my reptiles up. I'm still looking and waiting though.

We'll that's it, hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Attachments

• Picture0107.jpg
    Picture0107.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0108.jpg
    Picture0108.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0113.jpg
    Picture0113.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0111.jpg
    Picture0111.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0114.jpg
    Picture0114.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0115.jpg
    Picture0115.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0119.jpg
    Picture0119.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0120.jpg
    Picture0120.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture0122.jpg
    Picture0122.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1

katoeLAZARO

I love Burmese python they are beautiful and get huge. Lucky lol I wanted both of the snakes that you just got :( but I have a beautiful rainbow boa and a green tree python lol .

Tikikitty95

Lol I have/have had both and I must say that the Burms are definitely a handful when they get big. Mine was 9 feet (still pretty small) when I rehomed him. I really didn't want to see him go but he went with a friend of mine Bill Love to Arizona where they are still legal.. My boa I still have and I love her. We adopted her from the Colorado Reptile Humane Society a few years back and she is now 7 feet long I believe. People love when we take her out and about because she is such a doll. Good luck with yours. They grow fast lol

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
katoeLAZARO said:
I love Burmese python they are beautiful and get huge. Lucky lol I wanted both of the snakes that you just got :( but I have a beautiful rainbow boa and a green tree python lol .

Lol its ironic you have two snakes i want, lets trade? lol jk, GTP's are really really cool and rainbow boas are beautiful. You got some pics?

Tikikitty95 said:
Lol I have/have had both and I must say that the Burms are definitely a handful when they get big. Mine was 9 feet (still pretty small) when I rehomed him. I really didn't want to see him go but he went with a friend of mine Bill Love to Arizona where they are still legal.. My boa I still have and I love her. We adopted her from the Colorado Reptile Humane Society a few years back and she is now 7 feet long I believe. People love when we take her out and about because she is such a doll. Good luck with yours. They grow fast lol

Tell me about it, the size at first was an issue, but i decided to stop being lazy and clean the basement (we'll a few months from now), that's also why i got my sav back because now with the basement cleaned i can fit a lot more huge cage's in down there. So that is a plus.

Right now i have your average 28qt hatchling set up nothing too fancy.

JohnMatthew said:
Nice pickups man, they should calm down for you in no time.

Thanks and yeah really hoping so.

katoeLAZARO

Lol that's amazing and thanks for the tip . Yeah I do have pictures but they are still babies lol. I live gtp I went to a EXPO in daytona and Aww a beautiful all blue one with gorgeous white spot in the back and my rainbow is also small he's about 3 and a half feet. I always wanted an albino red tail are so stunning :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu