• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

breeding

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
iTS widely stated that tegus will not breed unless kept in outdoor enclosures and allowed to hybernate.Has anyone heard of tegus breeding when kept indoors? if so what were the enclosures like?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I would like to know about black and whites and reds.blues are cool but im geting another b/w or red next. Anyone ever bred b/w or red tegus indoors????

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think there are too many people that have bred Tegu's. Bert (Agama) was the biggest breeder by far (outdoors). Since Bert has died, Bobby is now the biggest breeder (outdoors), even though he only produces maybe 1/6th of what Bert did. Since keeping and breeding lots of Tegu's take up a lot of room, it only make sense they they keep them and breed them outdoors. Anyone else probably only has a few breeding Tegu's and might keep and breed them indoors, unless they live in the South with a warm climate. I think the Tegu market is going to be scarcer this year. Some people who've claimed to have bred Tegu's (and bought them from Bert) will be exposed.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
lol agree with you dave . alot of would be breeders buying Berts stock. I bought 35 adult GU from agama not for breeding . I felt sorry for condition they were in real bad shape.
JD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu