• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

brazillian rainbow boa pics

angelrose

5 Year Member
here are a couple of quick pics of my brazillian rainbow boa I got from Bobby. I just fed her last week and looks like she is going to shed again. I will get better pics in the a.m. and I really have to learn how to do the lighting.
jolie006.jpg

jolie005.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When they're about to shed they turn almost white!! At least ours does. Make sure you keep the humidity up around 70%, maybe a little higher during a shed.

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
When they're about to shed they turn almost white!! At least ours does. Make sure you keep the humidity up around 70%, maybe a little higher during a shed.

she did shed once a couple days after Bobby sent her and it was a perfect shed. but you know it was really different from other sheds I ever saw. all white as you said and a different 'texture'
the color in different lights are awesome. this is an amazing little snake.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
DaveDragon said:

she did shed once a couple days after Bobby sent her and it was a perfect shed. but you know it was really different from other sheds I ever saw. all white as you said and a different 'texture'
They are very different. It's hard to miss when they're shedding. My BP shed 2 days ago and I never saw it coming. A reddish/brownish snake turning white is hard to miss!!

Our is over 3 feet now and about 1" in diameter. I can't wait until she hits 5 or 6 feet!!

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
angelrose said:
DaveDragon said:

They are very different. It's hard to miss when they're shedding. My BP shed 2 days ago and I never saw it coming. A reddish/brownish snake turning white is hard to miss!!

Our is over 3 feet now and about 1" in diameter. I can't wait until she hits 5 or 6 feet!!

3 ft that is a good size to handle. at this size she feels so delicate so I want her to grow as quick as possible. how small was yours when you got her ? and how long did it take her to get 3 ft ...about ?

Nero

5 Year Member
I am so jealous of your collection!!! Beautiful BRB's , It's so hard to get snakes like that were I live. And if a store has them most of the time they are wildcaught and look unhealthy.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
3 ft that is a good size to handle. at this size she feels so delicate so I want her to grow as quick as possible. how small was yours when you got her ? and how long did it take her to get 3 ft ...about ?
We got her at about 3 months old. She wasn't a great eater for the first year. She also was lost for 9 weeks in the basement! When she was found she has only lost 13g & a day of rehydration brought her back to within 2g of her pre-lost weight! In the past 9 months she's gone from 60g to 450g growing about 1 foot!!! She's 1 year 9 months old now.

angelrose

5 Year Member
Nero said:
I am so jealous of your collection!!! Beautiful BRB's , It's so hard to get snakes like that were I live. And if a store has them most of the time they are wildcaught and look unhealthy.

lol. I did not find that snake around here. no way ! I can't find anything good around here either. I got the brazillian rainbow boa from Bobby.

btw, you have a nice collection !

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
angelrose said:
We got her at about 3 months old. She wasn't a great eater for the first year. She also was lost for 9 weeks in the basement! When she was found she has only lost 13g & a day of rehydration brought her back to within 2g of her pre-lost weight! In the past 9 months she's gone from 60g to 450g growing about 1 foot!!! She's 1 year 9 months old now.

thank goodness you found her. I can relate to the lost snake. one of my ball pythons got out last summer for 3 mos. so she was petite when you got yours also ? how often do you feed her ?

Nero

5 Year Member
Thank you, I always go around looking on my off days to see whats in. Most of them are lizards and though I love lizards I just like snakes a lot better. Only other lizard I would get would be another Tegu and I had to wait almost a year for one to show up in Vegas. Funny thing is when I got my Tegu the guy told me it was an Argentine which was totally false on his part but I couldnt tell the difference then. Here there either Corn snakes or King snakes. I wouldnt mind haven an Okeekee corn they are pretty but I havent seen one of those in years around my town. I'm just waiting for a Green tree python to show up that looks healthy. The place had two not to long ago but my gut told me not to buy it from them.

angelrose

5 Year Member
Nero said:
Thank you, I always go around looking on my off days to see whats in. Most of them are lizards and though I love lizards I just like snakes a lot better. Only other lizard I would get would be another Tegu and I had to wait almost a year for one to show up in Vegas. Funny thing is when I got my Tegu the guy told me it was an Argentine which was totally false on his part but I couldnt tell the difference then. Here there either Corn snakes or King snakes. I wouldnt mind haven an Okeekee corn they are pretty but I havent seen one of those in years around my town. I'm just waiting for a Green tree python to show up that looks healthy. The place had two not to long ago but my gut told me not to buy it from them.

yes, I am looking for more 'colombians' as far as lizards go. I am just starting up my snake collection now. a friend of mine just sold his BIG BEAUTIFUL green tree python.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
thank goodness you found her. I can relate to the lost snake. one of my ball pythons got out last summer for 3 mos. so she was petite when you got yours also ? how often do you feed her ?
She was small and would only eat live. After we found her she would start with live and then eat a F/T. A couple of months ago I gave her F/T to see what she would do and she grabbed it without hesitation!! No more having to go to the pet store to buy live mice!!

We feed her every week and a half to 2 weeks. I tried to feed her last night but her belly is pink and I think she is going to shed soon.

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
angelrose said:
She was small and would only eat live. After we found her she would start with live and then eat a F/T. A couple of months ago I gave her F/T to see what she would do and she grabbed it without hesitation!! No more having to go to the pet store to buy live mice!!

We feed her every week and a half to 2 weeks. I tried to feed her last night but her belly is pink and I think she is going to shed soon.

you know what's weird that happened ... after she shed and I fed her the first fuzzie here she got it down and I was watching and she looked like she had her mouth around her belly where the fuzzie was so I picked her up and then she stopped ????

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
you know what's weird that happened ... after she shed and I fed her the first fuzzie here she got it down and I was watching and she looked like she had her mouth around her belly where the fuzzie was so I picked her up and then she stopped ????
OOH!! That's weird!!!

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
angelrose said:
OOH!! That's weird!!!

do you think it's because the fuzzie was still alive ? and she is not used to it ? since that happened do you think she is used to f/t. since she is so young ?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
DaveDragon said:
angelrose said:
OOH!! That's weird!!!

do you think it's because the fuzzie was still alive ? and she is not used to it ? since that happened do you think she is used to f/t. since she is so young ?
Last year our BRB ate (3) live hoppers without constricting them. You could see them moving and hear them screaming inside of her!!!

I'd much rather feed F/T because they're easier have on hand and there's no chance of her getting hurt.

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Last year our BRB ate (3) live hoppers without constricting them. You could see them moving and hear them screaming inside of her!!!

I'd much rather feed F/T because they're easier have on hand and there's no chance of her getting hurt.

get outttt.
alive inside her ????!! I guess they die right away ? kinda ?

this little brb makes me laugh. seems like such a cute character. last night she ate 3 fuzzies and after that she was hanging from the tree soaking in the water. this morning she gave me skin. she wasn't quite white like last time but her eyes were 'grayish'. so now you can see the brilliant color again. take better pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus