• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

brand name cages

mortimer

5 Year Member
I'm getting a juvenile Argentine Tegu and I'm wondering what I should start out with. I'm going to pass on a glass tank because although I already own many, I've been known to crack/break them on occasion, so I'm done with glass... I'm looking for a plastic like material with doors that open on the front. I've looked at old Neodesha (if I can find one), Vision Cages, Boaphile Plastics, and I just don't know what to go for. Can anyone recommend something? Or if you have used any of the mentioned brands, would you recommend that brand? I intend on starting out with a 4x2x? cage. How much room do I really need in height and how long would like last me? If a cage like this won't last long, I may just save my money and use a rubber storage bin (with some sweet Mcgyver-like additions)... Anything you guys could let me know would help.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long/old is your juvie??

I wouldn't waste the money on an expensive plastic cage. If you feed him right he could be 3.5 feet long by the fall. You'll probably need a full size enclosure (7ft x 3ft minimum) sometime this summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan