• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bonding with an adult tegu

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would think it to be similar to a juvie. One of the things I tend to do is go into a room and let them roam around. Usually they ignore me at first but after a little bit they're all crawling up my legs trying to get on my lap, shoulders, head, any body part that isn't theirs lol.

None of mine are adults, 2 of them will be 2 this summer, the third will be 1 this summer

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Give it time,... he's still settling in and has to get to know you,..it hasn't even been a month yet. At the same time be willing to accept the fact that he could always be this way. You don't really know how often he was handled with his previous owner and he just might not be a touchy feely kind of tegu but more stand offish. So adjusting and working with him may have to be more on his terms.

Only time will tell.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Time....

Time...

Time...

You can't rush it, no matter how much you WANT your tegu to be cool with you. Especially with adults, you could be looking at months and months--depending on when the tegu, of course. If it's worth it to you, put in the time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu