• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

blues eating like columbians?

obsessedwithserpents

5 Year Member
i read that blues have temperaments like argentines and diets like columbians. im confused what this means- what do you guys feed your blues and how often

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What that means is Blue's tend to eat mostly meat and less veggies and fruits. My blue tends to eat mainly inscets and feeder rodents, but durning the summer he does like his fruits. My weekly feed schedual, is Monday: two jumbo mice, Tuesday 50 superworms, Wensday some fruit somtimes just a gap day, Thursday one mouse, Friday another mice and i fill his bowl with a monitor kibble(he never eats it but its there incase he is starving) No feeding on Saturdays or Sundays becuase at this time I'm gone all day. Through out the week things do change, some days he doesn't have a mouse so i'll give him ground turkey or a talapia flet or chicken brest piece. I try to give him at lest a full mouse/rat a week becuase this makes sure he gets all the nuritants he really needs. Durning the spring he also gets chicks and eggs. His enrichment food (feed for fun and not nessissary) is seasonsal, right he likes squash.

Oh and he loves watermelon, and berries. He also like eggs and liver so they eat alot.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed ours like Argentines. Most days they love fruit!!! Strawberries, blueberries, most soft fruits. I even had hatchlings eating some small pieces of fruit last year!! You can't believe everything you read.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus