• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

blood python setup

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Sakara said:
use the rubbermaid... 66qts work well... a 10 gal won't last nearly as long

I totally agree. We're talking about a snake that gets quite hefty. Make sure you handle it quite often to keep it tame, they can be a grouchy snake if not used to you.

I love bloods.

...Jefroka

F69erFred

5 Year Member
I love bloods to. But they like small spaces so they feel safe. I am haveing him in a 10 gal intell I get my tegu a begger cage and then he will go in a 20.

F69erFred

5 Year Member
I talk to the breeder every day or so and he says a 10 gal will last some time. I know they get fat that's why I like them. And so far the cage is setup like. 10 gal with newspaper beeding for rite now with a hide a water bowl and a rubbermaid

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Sounds like you have a good plan on transitioning to a larger set up when needed.

Please keep us updated with pictures. I would love to see his growth rate.

...Jefroka

F69erFred

5 Year Member
Thank u very much. I get him the week after xmas. I will post some pics about a couple of days after I get him so he can get use to his new home. I love blood python I'm so happy I finally get one. I can't wait :)

Sakara

5 Year Member
if you are going to use the glass tank, make sure you cover half of it... If will help keep in the heat and humidity... And I agree with handling as much as possible... Most bloods I've played with are fairly calm, but they can get nasty if not handled, lol

F69erFred

5 Year Member
I have a room heater so I'm not useing a UTH and I will cover some over it but when they get bigger they don't need as much humidity.

Sakara

5 Year Member
lol, I don't know who told you that, but they need the humidity their entire life... The humidity well help them shed perfectly as well...

KyleMD

5 Year Member
ive had myborneo short tail since about april when he was 18 in and hes closing in on 36 in now lol. i started him off in a 30 gal and provided 4 hide spots and hes doing ust fine now. onl thing is he hisses a little. but hes all talk ;) lol

KyleMD

5 Year Member
a lot of people aren't going to agree with this but its only lik 60-70% and hes never have a shedding problem

Melissa

5 Year Member
We have had our blood for about 4-5 months now she was 3 wks old when we got her, we started her off in a 20gallon long with 2 hides with cypress bedding she has done great and is getting reallllly round already we feed her a small rat every week and her humidity we dont worry to much about as she usually like to soak in the water bowl anyway she has never had a bad shed we do keep half her tank covered to help. I think we got lucky with her she has only tried to bite a few times and that was after she ate and we were taking her out of feeding tank but normally she has been pretty laid back since we got her.

KyleMD

5 Year Member
i havent really used sphagnum moss just because this the mulch hold heat and humidity really well but i don't see any problem with the moss. just watch for mold

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus