• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black Snake kills Rattle Snake??

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I received these pics in an email today. I don't know any information on the pictures or the story behind it. If I'm not mistaking, in the 5th picture down it looks like the rattle is still shaking! What do you think??

Image11.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image33.jpg

Image44.jpg

Image55.jpg

Image66.jpg

Image77.jpg

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Awesome pics. Well, there are a lot of species of snakes (like king snakes) that can and will kill and eat other snakes, including venomous snakes. King snakes can actually take a bite from some venomous snakes, and be fine. Which, that does look like a king snake.

Markie

5 Year Member
That's so cool! This is why I tell me parents to leave the kingsnakes alone :) They are the good guys, lol. That snake looks fat and happy in that last pic.

ludo b

5 Year Member
This black snake is not a king but an Indigo, Drymarchon corais couperi.
Extremely voracious and ophiophagus. Can eat a any snake in the US, even another Indigo.
I's a poor constrictor but have very powerfull bite.
Sorry for my english....i'm from Belgium and speak french.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu