• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Behavior

j.sawyer48

Okay I'm freakin out right now after I just read wat u guys said but I'll do everything u guys say I hope she will be alright

And her humiditys always at 80 or higher

j.sawyer48

I'm going to the vet today. I'll let all of u know the out come also this couldn't of happened because of me switching from cypress mulch to hemlock right?

saided

TO THE VET!!!

Ya crap that doesn't look comfortable for her at all poor girl. Lots of CLEAN baths, maybe with some Betadine in them?

OUCH! My 'gu got a couple of the vertical cracks once, but not that bad, I made sure to baithe him every day whether he wanted it or not, and I broke out the tweesers and pulled skin off bit by bit even though he hated it, pulling the stuck skin off hurt him a little, but I'm sure those cracks hurt worse..

it looks like she may be scraping her tail on something sharp in her hide maybe? like a lodged peice of bark?

j.sawyer48

She is staying over night at my vets for blood work and such to figure out if it's infected and what kind of infection it is I'm going to pick her up tommarro

tommyboy

j.sawyer48 said:
She is staying over night at my vets for blood work and such to figure out if it's infected and what kind of infection it is I'm going to pick her up tommarro

Did you find a good rep vet? Let me know what you think of him. Definitely let us know what the vet thinks is going on. Best wishes.

j.sawyer48

She had a high white blood cell count so there is a infection he have her some shots and took most of the dead skin off I have to bring her back next tuesday for another blood test and if no improvemt he will do a culture to check for blood poisoning but she does look better I'm keeping her on news paper for now and putting a hide with Pete mos in it for humidity

m3s4

Glad you got her in to the vet and it's nothing worse.

It's very possible the infection, cracks and dried skin on her were painful and likely a reason why she was so determined to stay in her hide.

With proper humidity and diet, skin problems can be avoided.

However from what I've seen, even then, in some conditions some areas of the tail, and some toes, have stubborn skin that just won't shed.

I always try and check their toes and tail daily to see if there's anything that still needs peeling during or after a shed - including spots they or I might have missed prior.

I've seen complete sheds with no problems only to move a front arm right by their chest and see a patch of hard, dried skin the size of a large pea on the flappy skin right there. Had to peel it off obviously.

Good luck, hope it's nothing more serious then an infection.

j.sawyer48

I hope too wat sux more is keeping the humidity up in that enclosure wit just newspaper but she is sleeping in that hide with Pete moss

tommyboy

You can also use a damp old towel instead of the newspaper. That will really help wi humidity. I did that when one of my guys had a prolapsed rectum. It kept him really clean and it kept the humidity up there.

j.sawyer48

Her tails looking better I'm soaking her now went and got a baby tooth brush with soft brisls to scrub dead shed off I'll post pics Ina bit I think she's gunna be fine just gatta wait for the blood test next Tuesday

tommyboy

j.sawyer48 said:
Her tails looking better I'm soaking her now went and got a baby tooth brush with soft brisls to scrub dead shed off I'll post pics Ina bit I think she's gunna be fine just gatta wait for the blood test next Tuesday

Thats great to hear :)

j.sawyer48

I'll post a video when I get to my comp later and tommyBoy I would say the vet I go to is very good and professional

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you have the humidity up, make sure you have the temps up, too. High humidity+low temps=respiratory infection potential. High humidity+poor ventilation=fungal/bacterial growth. Start with clean towels and change them every day and you should be fine.

j.sawyer48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icu24xVyH7E&feature=g-upl&context=G212124eAUAAAAAAAAAA
still workin hard on getting her bak to normal

j.sawyer48

No blood test today but I have to give her daily shots to fight the infection in her leg and tail. Next week we will take a blood test and see how it goes :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu