• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bath time

BillieJeAn

<3 it was a fight to get him there but once in all was well
[attachment=3175]
[attachment=3176]
[attachment=3177]

he was shedding, for the second time this month!! and i thought i could try and help him out :) he soaked for about an hour

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    884.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    842.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    936.2 KB · Views: 10

BillieJeAn

i know :( poor guy. im not sure how it happened but they were like that when i got him.

he is, he ate eggs and fish for dinner last night:) i was astonished at how much he's been eating lately.

jerobi2k

if you take good care of him, and give him some good soaks time to time they will heal up nicely as he grows ;)

BillieJeAn

will they? im not sure whats wrong with them, i guess the crooked ones were broken? not sure. :(

lol he is a fatty! he was rather skinny when i got him

jerobi2k

they will, I dont know if he was wild caught or just sitting in a pet store for a couple of months. but its due to improper shedding, soaks and proper diet should set him straight and when he sheds a few times he will look all nice and pretty. :) they are just in pain from that shed being stuck on there and his little toes trying to grow freely!

BillieJeAn

when i got him he also had blisters on his back, and a large chink of his tail missing, so it makes me wonder if he was wild caught. all that plus his awful scared attitude make me think so.

jerobi2k

I really dont know much about Columbians, but Im betting from the price tag they are wild caught, with a little TLC all that should clear up. I dont really know about their personalities though, lol. Im tempted to pick one up from Underground. about a year ago @ Underground they had this Columbian he was about 2ft long, and they would take him to schools and parties for the kids to play with. I was tempted to buy him, they were just as fond of him as the Argentines. was really special, but I personaly dont see many that arent hatchlings around here local.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Love the look of pure loathing in his eyes. I'm pretty sure if your columbian had jedi powers you'd be dead right now! :p

BillieJeAn

columbians are pretty flighty and aggressive, but some can be tamed down a good bit and be just as great as argentines, so i've heard, this little guy is leaving for a new home soon, because i was going to get a blue, but i cant now :( so im going to be tegu-less soon

babyyitslove

Awww he'll be ok. We'll give him all the baths he wants and needs. We should be sending you the shipping cost sometime next week =0)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BillieJeAn said:
lol he is a fatty! he was rather skinny when i got him

He looks pretty healthy. Glad to see hes putting on weight. 2 of mine were underweight when I got them, they seem to bounce back fairly quickly.

BillieJeAn

haha xD i probably would be palpentine probably would have suited him more than Obi Wan Kenobi!

he does seem [retty healthy:) and FAT

okay:( im so sad to see him go now knowing i wont have a tegu, but im really happy he's going to such a good home. please keep me updated on him when you get him!!!:)

babyyitslove

Oh for sure! Ill post lots of videos and pictures of him latched onto my fingers, nose, or anything else within range.

I was thinking Western Union since we closed out our paypal account. Do you have a photo ID?

BillieJeAn

haha okay:) hopefully you can calm him down a bit.

that will work, i dont but you can put it in my moms name, Denette Hicks, i plan on getting an I.D. soon for this kind of stuff specifically

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont