• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bacardi Update

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I had Bacardi out for his weekly swim, he seems to love the swim time but then just seems to like to soak in the warm water. He seemed pretty relaxed today so I stuck a yard stick next to him and he was 35.5" almost three feet. I could not find my fish scale so no weight on him but he is getting hefty when I have him on my arm and he is around 4" around at the base of the tail and he is getting chunky.

I finally got him to the point where I can start clipping his nails!!! This is going to save my hands and arms like no other. Just him walking on my arm will leave some nice cuts.

Well here are some pictures of the big boy.

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Looking good. Such a handsome lizard. Do let him swim in your bathtub, or do you have a pool? I have heard that letting pet reptiles swim in pools too much can be bad for them because of the chlorine. Of course, when I was young I once went swimming with my friend's tegu Ted. Ted was about five feet and after cruising the perimeter of the pool for a few minutes like a black and white crocodile he crawled onto his inflatable innertube—appropriately dubbed "Ted's Island"—and just bobbed in the sun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029