• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bacardi’s Busy day

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bacardi had one busy day yesterday, it was reptile cage cleaning day. Bacardi was not too happy at first.

IMG_5331.jpg

Kiska was more than ready for a day of wondering around the room. It was a pain to get her back, she had two hours to wonder and was still not done.

IMG_5334.jpg

Bacardi was happy to just bask. It’s hard to believe he has gotten so big!

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

Because Bacardi had never free roamed before I put him in a harness and leash to make it easier to find him.

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

While out exploring Bacardi made a very startling discovery, there are other large lizards in the room! At first he was nervous and very huffy…

IMG_5420.jpg

Then he got closer, and so did the big lizard (Kiska)

IMG_5423.jpg

And then the two met, Kiska quickly lost interest once she realized he was not food. Bacardi was fascinated with Kiska for a good hour. He would wonder and then come back and stare at her. Kiska played along for a bit coming to the glass to see the new comer but this faded and soon she was completely indifferent to him.

IMG_5436.jpg

Bacardi always looking for something new, climbed up on Kiska’s cage to visit the smaller tegu Sport. She was not happy and so he left, but that’s when he met the dog Jager. The two just watched on another for a bit and then Bacardi licked Jager a few times and the two went their own ways.

IMG_5447.jpg

After a long day for the little guy he needed a nap.

Nap.jpg

Naptime.jpg

All in all I think he is adjusting very well.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
This is an awesome post. I love the little story with the pictures. Bacardi looks like a great lizard, it seems like he had a fun day of exploring. Keep up the great work.

Grendel

I noticed a white patch of scales on it's head, one of my little caimans had it too but in a different location, is it something permanent or is it a sign that he is about to shed ?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
This makes me want a caiman lizard SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Bacardi is awesome beyond description. I'm glad he's brought such happiness to your life.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks all. He has been a truly amazing lizard to have. He is chill with all the dogs and now the lizards. I was worried that bringing him back from my mom's place he would be wildish again because of the long 4 months of only weekly handling. After only two days we fell in to our old routine of him hanging out on my shoulder as I get ready for my day. I don't know if this is how all caiman lizards are or if its a one in a hundred odds, got to say its making it really hard to only have one.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
chelvis said:
Thanks all. He has been a truly amazing lizard to have. He is chill with all the dogs and now the lizards. I was worried that bringing him back from my mom's place he would be wildish again because of the long 4 months of only weekly handling. After only two days we fell in to our old routine of him hanging out on my shoulder as I get ready for my day. I don't know if this is how all caiman lizards are or if its a one in a hundred odds, got to say its making it really hard to only have one.

You deserve all the credit for that since you're the one who tamed and socialized him. Just goes to show with a little TLC and patience, lizards are just as rewarding pets as more "conventional" animals like dogs and cats.

Gman

What an amazing story!
I wish I had a caiman lizard. They're really common here in new jersey. You must be a proud man Mr.Chelvis.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LOL I will take a brake from caiman lizard pics, well at least of him. Looking into getting a girl this month so there maybe some of her.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You ask you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5A2QpHd_Ig&feature=youtu.be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029