• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby bins!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is some of my baby bins, they are 2ft x 8ft x 2ft.

16x8enclosure7.jpg

16x8enclosure5.jpg

16x8enclosure6.jpg

DSCN2034sm.jpg

DSCN2042sm-1.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guys!!

And no Mike, they are pics from this past season, it will be a little while before I have new babies.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Thanks guys!!

And no Mike, they are pics from this past season, it will be a little while before I have new babies.

Soon enough!!!! I can't wait.

nat

5 Year Member
I like your idea for my redfoots... if only the sun would stay in one spot long enough to not cast a shadow for 99% over the bin.. hmm Bobby do you find that your little guys get a lot of direct sunlight in those bins ? I have played with similar enclosures for the baby redfoots but found that with tallish walls that the sun had to be directly over the enclosure or it would be shaded by the sides of the walls. Maybe its not so much of a concern for you due to being in Florida but when you are in BC like me... you need all the sun you can get to keep em warm!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
wow thats allot of tegus!! where do you keep them all when they get full grown?

Zeke, I do not keep them all, lol. I sell them, but I would love to keep all of them.

Nat, the way mine is set up, the covered end is facing south, and the open end is facing the north. At high noon in summer the sun is straight up in the sky, this gives half of the enclosure sun and the other half is shaded. The babies can choose to bask or rest in the shade, as they need to.

And thanks for the great comments!!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
so is their enough people buying tegus regularly that you get most of them sold before they grow? i figured you would end up with quite a few adults that just never got sold as babies. where do you keep all your adults?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
heh---I'd like to see ANYONe try to keep all those tegus as fullgrowns w/out selling any!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
so is their enough people buying tegus regularly that you get most of them sold before they grow? i figured you would end up with quite a few adults that just never got sold as babies. where do you keep all your adults?

Hell yes there's enough! There's like 20 people on here who have put down deposits already! Just wait. As soon as Summer's over Bobby will get emails from me asking if he has even one left.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wish I could of held off and gotten one of your babies....oh well!
Maybe in the future when I have more space and money!
We all know that one cannot live with simply owning one tegu for very long!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
oh really? i didnt think that many people actually bought tegus. once you have 1 or 2 most people dont really have room for more. and they live a while. so i just figured that there wernt enough people buying them yearly to keep them from outgrowing the cages.

playlboi

5 Year Member
wicked bins bobby.

and zeke, i dont' know about where you're at, but in my area, tegus are pretty popular. so i'm sure bobby wouldn't have a problem selling ALL of his stock. he might even fight people to keep some back for future breeding projects. lol

ZEKE

5 Year Member
hmm. they might be popular around here too. i dono. i have never been to a reptile show or anything like that tho. i just never see them in pet stores or anything.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well I produced 324 babies last year, they were all sold and gone by August. :shock: :)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
dang!!!! if you dont mind me asking... do you make enough money breeding tegus that its what you do for a living? i want to breed reptiles for a living but i read that its impossible to make a decent living doing that because when you sell the animals you dont make enough money to cover the food, lighting, and all the other reptile charges and make much profit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980