• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentine vs Columbian

Jabrak

My tegu woke up from hibernation for some water and when I gave him a look over to make sure everything was good, I realized that he was Argentine like I was told when I bought him. I feel like I know the answer, but is the any difference care wise?

Jabrak

I don't know how clear it looks, but from what I can tell he one has a single loreal scale and he lines aren't that solid

Attachments

• WP_20131110_002.jpg
    WP_20131110_002.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 62

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Colombians don't go down for a hard hibernation like some argentines but they can slow down a bit. Especially if temps drop. Colombians aren't as cold tolerant so if the enclosure drops below 75-80 at night he may be more sleepy.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
They can slow down, but they don't do hard hibernations. And as I said in my prior post, if the temps are too low he will be sleepier too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long