• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Another unbelievable experience

Dana C

I am sure that people that have not witnessed it could or would not believe how much a Tegu can be in tune with their person. Case in point: Tonight Gordo decided to wake up late. It was obvious he was uncomfortable and beginning to shed. I took him out and bathed him for a couple minutes as he didn't want any part of a bath. I fed him in that bathroom and he ate an astounding amount of my turkey, venison, liver, gizzard, egg shell magic mix. He then crawled up into my arms and I proceeded to spend the better part of an hour peeling off skin. He loved it! After I had a huge mound and couldn't find any more skin ready to come off I thought it would be a good idea to get him back to his basking area based upon the prodigious amount he ate. When I started to get up, (he wasn't in my arms), I found that my foot was completely asleep. I struggled to stay upright and not fall. I managed but sat down for a minute to get my balance back. Much to my surprise, Gordo actually seemed concerned and immediately climbed up on me and nuzzled his head into my neck.

Any naysayer can tell me it means that he was cold and needed warmth but there was a heater register putting really warm air which Gordo loves. He by passed it an came to me. Yes, it may be my imagination I think he sensed my problem in some way and tried to help. Non Tegu people should have seen it as they would have been amazed as I was. Once again, these incredible creatures leave me at a loss for words.
I actually teared up. It was real.

Call me an old fart if you will but I know what I know and saw what I saw.

AP27

I know exactly how you feel and agree completely that these amazing lizards can be incredibly in-tuned with their people. I had a moment like this with Odin once. I was terribly sad and had started crying, and Odin had been walking by me, and looked up at the sound of the sniffles. He looked me straight in the eye and it was like he knew immediately that something was wrong because he stopped what he was doing and rushed up onto my shoulder and nuzzled his head against my neck and just laid there quietly while I hugged him and did not move until I finally felt better and moved him myself. Now back then Odin was not the type to sit quietly in one spot for very long, so this was unusual behavior for him and I am completely convinced that he saw I was sad and wanted to comfort me, regardless of what anyone else may think.

And Odin loves when I help him with his sheds as well. He closes his eyes and will just lay there like, "ok, go ahead and help me now. Thanks a bunch."

naturboy87

Im right their with you have had sum realy tuff times and dont know how i would have got threw it without Rex and Roxy they bolth have suggled up with me on days when im feeling down ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu