• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aggression after Hibernation?

Jer723

5 Year Member
Hi guys, havent been on here in a long time. And im starting to get worried, my one tegu, my red, Tico. Has been under hibernation since August! and my other from Bobby has been under since May! Is this bad that theyve been under for so long? should I be worried. And the thing is, is that when i wake them up, they get stiff, walk around for a little bit, and then they wont accept food, they just burrow and go back to sleep. Should i just let them up when they decide to? Also when my little girl from bobby wakes up, shes REALLY MEAN!! haha, she went down early, and shes still an itty bitty little girl, like only 19". did she just forget me during hibernation? I'm taking I should just start the taming process over? Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jerry

wyattroa

5 Year Member
So the one from bobby has been in hibernation since may? something does not seem right there..I am no expert but it just does not seem normal. That would mean she has been down for almost a year. Not really too sure what to tell you about it though. Someone else should chime in with better experience.
robert

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
if your tegu went down in may, it slept thru all of summer? that's not right. when was the last time you saw them up and moving around?

Xrepex99X

i just got a red male thats about a foot and a half shipped to me from an unknown source in canada.since i got him hes been sleeping burrowed non-stop and has refused all types of food for the past week.im thinking the shipping sent him into hibernation or something.if so im gone for 2 weeks in april and have a pet sitter.should i tell him to just leave the tegu alone till it wakes up or try to keep feeding?it has copem out a few times on its own but sleepis 90% of the time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus