• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

age opinion

Broncofan73

Hello all I am very new to tegus and what i was wondering is I'd someone could possibly know how old my Tegu might be I got him or her from a friend of mine who later on realized that he would get to big for him to hsndle

Attachments

• 1444060651678.jpg
    1444060651678.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1444061043376.jpg
    1444061043376.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

Broncofan73

Thanks man now how could you tell? I'm sure you must have heard some of these questions from other members and must have answered them a million times lol but I'm using a 160 watt sun power uvb/uva all in one bulb is it better to use two seperate bulbs and one more thing should I use reptacal with or without D3 oh and i hope I'm not asking dumb questions

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No problem. They lose their green heads at 5-6 weeks. It put on a little size, so 2 or just over is right.

With D3 is preferred and two lights will be helpful as the little guy grows, takes up more space, but one light works.

Broncofan73

Ty because I asked the guy at the pet store and he told me to use reptacal w/o D3 but he also told me that a tegu only goes into hibernation when they are breeding lol and just about every post I read under the hibernation section on this site told me different lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good homework on your part. Mine are working on their last poop for the next five months before fully under. Will rouse them from time to time for a sip of water.

Broncofan73

I'll be honest this hibernation thing has got me baffled lol my little guy is new and young so idk if he wants to hibernate or just hide cause he's in a new environment but I did wake him up out of his hide and he ate 6 crickets and a hard boiled egg just the yolk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont