• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

acting wierd... help!

Cali 202

5 Year Member
I noticed this morning that marley's breathing was really labored and he didnt look too good. He has been really sluggish all morning, which he never is, and kinda drags his lower back and back legs while walking. The past two days he hasnt eaten much but i didnt think anything of it since some days he eats less than others. I was feeling his belly to see if it felt bloated and it almost seemed to hurt him when i was rubbing it. It didnt really feel super hard but i couldnt tell since everytime i touched it he would tense up. I rubbed his lower back a little bit near the base of his tail and he raised up and arched his back like it hurt him (it wasnt an aggressive arch). Could he possible be impacted? I'm really worried about him, there is definatly something going on with him. Any thoughts on this? I made him a vet appt. for today at 3:15 so we'll see how it goes.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Well the vet couldnt notice anything wrong with him, he said he's healthy. I took in a fecal sample to have him tested for parasites since his stool has been pretty runny for a while now. He couldnt find any but said it doesnt mean there arnt some there, so we gave him a de-wormer and he goes back in 2 weeks for a check up and another dose. It's really odd, the way he was acting this morning. Maybe he was just tired and aggitated because he started acting more normal a little bit before his appt. Im still glad i took him in though, better safe than sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu