• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A change in behaviour......

Johnners

5 Year Member
I've had my male B&W for nearly 3 1/2 months now and when I bought him he was 16" and now is 36". I knew they grew fast but wow! He has his own room with about 55 sq ft of floor space and a hide at the warm end and the cool end.

Over the last month he has gradually been skipping meals. It went from a day here and there to a couple of days at a time and now he hasn't eaten for four days. He has plently of weight on him and comes out a bit during the day to heat up on his heating area then goes back to his hide at the cool end. Before this he always favoured his hide at the warm end. Hes digging more then usual as well.

Could this be him going into brumation or something else?

Thanks.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've had my male B&W for nearly 3 1/2 months now and when I bought him he was 16" and now is 36". I knew they grew fast but wow! He has his own room with about 55 sq ft of floor space and a hide at the warm end and the cool end.

Over the last month he has gradually been skipping meals. It went from a day here and there to a couple of days at a time and now he hasn't eaten for four days. He has plently of weight on him and comes out a bit during the day to heat up on his heating area then goes back to his hide at the cool end. Before this he always favoured his hide at the warm end. Hes digging more then usual as well.

Could this be him going into brumation or something else?

Thanks.
Brumation.

Johnners

5 Year Member
Cheers. I just notice beardeddragon111 thread that you answered. Covers all bases. Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu