• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 Questions

Turbine

5 Year Member
I have two questions if you all don't mind.

1. How do all of you keep the ambient temp up on the cool side of your enclosures?
About half of my is 70-75F, I would like it much closer to 80F. I have an under-tank heater that I don't use and was thinking about putting in the back glass of the tank on the cool side.
2. I've only had my B&W tegu for less than a week, he's about 14" and still has some very pale green to him. Anyway, he doesn't eat much and I've tried everything, superworm,roaches,crickets. He seems to like ground turkey with soft boiled eggs but will only eat if I give it to him using tongs. Should I not worry and wait another week to see if its just him settling in. Or am I doing something wrong?
His basking spot ranges from 98-100F and he's pooping normally ( about once a day)
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Tegutalk, is really a great site.

Justin

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
well,i have my tegu in my bonus room,and with all the reptiles i have and all the heat lamps going it keeps my room about 79 degrees,but 70-75 is fine,dont use an under tank heater b/c if he burroes under it can burn him badly,those heaters get like 150 degrees which is way too hot,as for the feeding,just keep doing what your doing,if youve only had him a week than hes just getting used to his enviroment.hope this helps!!!

-Cody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus