• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Zeus

corruptphantasm

I got my new tegu today from Varnyard hes seems very skidish and if i get near him he runs lol so im just leaving him alone for now any suggestions? id have pics but i cant get close or he doesn't stay still im gunna upload the unboxing video to youtube in a lil ill post a link

tora

Just hang out near his tank where he can see you, maybe leave a piece of clothing that smells like you in the tank, and fiddle around in his enclosure some without picking him up. Petting is ok. He's just freaked out, its good to let him settle and realize you're not gonna eat him. :)

corruptphantasm

ya thats what all i figured thanks and heres one pic lol while he was laying there now hes exploring EVERYTHING in his cage and i put a shirt in there too

Attachments

• IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

lilgonz

Congrats on the new Gu, just keep putting your hands in the enclosure with out trying to pick him up, it will take a little time for him to settle in his new environment. Good luck

iiLOVExTEGUS

i agree just do work in the cage almost like being a regular at like a club or a bar once the bartender is use to u then u hit on her XD

kuroangales

Grats on your tiny tegu friend. I agree with the advice listed above. When taming my blue, I watched her moods. I gave her 10minutes of attention on her cranky days and at least 20 when she seemed okay with it.

I'll be trying the same with my current baby. I'm lucky though, she seems to like me. :)

Max713

I forgot how tiny they are as babies!
Everyone will tell you how fast they grow, but it will feel like they take forever to grow while you're waiting, then all of the sudden you have a 3 foot lizard running around after one summer haha.

corruptphantasm

well rate now zeus seems to not mind me now instead of running away when i open his cage door hel still just lay there lol were making very fast progress as friends

iiLOVExTEGUS

corruptphantasm said:
well rate now zeus seems to not mind me now instead of running away when i open his cage door hel still just lay there lol were making very fast progress as friends

fer sure they calm down realy fast i no when i got mine i went and spent time with it in the pet store for a few weeks so he already loved me when i brought him home

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980