• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

young male tegu pics??

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i was wondering if someone who has a male tegu could post pics of them when they were younger im asking because i want to compare them with my tegu nero who i believe is a male he has some jowls i cant really tell if he has spurs i do see two scales that appear larger than the rest but im not 100% positive yet but his is longer and kinda narrower than most of the tegus ive seen on here that are close in age with him he is currently 31-32" and almost 4 mos.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
It's kind off hard to tell at that age if it's a male or female.Can you feel any beads one on each side off the vent ? males also have a bit off a wider head than females do.

cabral

5 Year Member
i think my tegu is older, maybe 2-3 months older, and she is 34 inches as well, u have a fast growing tegu there, mine is a male 97% shure she is a female.

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Here are some pictures of my male tegu at ~ 30" ..

100_1570.jpg

100_1569.jpg

Those are the best pictures I have of him where you can actually see his jowls at that age. Also an above view so you can see the width of his head. By the time he was that big I could feel the beads on the side of the vent. You should try looking, and see if you can find them.

hope it helps.

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Mine is young, but looks all grown up. He's a little over a year, so I am not sure if his pictures would even help because of how grown he looks. His jowls are very prominent.

reid

5 Year Member
This is my 6month old male, hes cage looks horrible cause i was re-doing it!
IMG_5525.jpg
He needs a bath aswell.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thanks guys i noticed that all of them have longer necks wonder if that is a male thing also i dont feel the spurs but i think i see them forming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny