• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yogurt??

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
So, I was sitting in the floor eating yogurt watching my tegu crawl around and explore, I had to get up for something and sat my yogurt cup on the floor, when I turned around the cup had fallen over and he had his head in the cup licking up the yogurt. Question 1..Why? I thought little dudes didn't like much fruit in their diet? Plus, its yogurt. Question 2...Will this hurt him?

Thanks
Susan Lynn<3

kaa

5 Year Member
1, I would say because it smells so sweet, and they are curious, and 2, I doubt it would hurt them, but I wouldn't feed it as more than a treat.

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
Yogurt as a treat is fine and is somewhat even good for them too as most has added calcium and fruit.
My guys enjoy a treat of red berry type fruits but hate and veggi type stuff and almost fell out of my seat when the blue tegus destroyed a plate of strawberries and blueberries since everything I ever read on them suggested meat eater only.

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. I'll maybe give it to him as an occasional treat, it was strawberry banana and he seemed to really enjoy it. lol. Ya, I see that a lot, that they are meat eaters, then other people say fruit as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam