• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yellow (Quince) Monitor?

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I think you should research monitors a bit before you even consider purchasing one. For a quince you're looking at an extremely large enclosure with approximately 1.5 to 2 feet of substrate, which can be expensive to acquire. It will require quite a bit of heat, "furniture" for the cage, and other important stuff. They are generally not easy to tame. Some monitor species i.e. savannahs, albigs, etc. are known for being easier to tame down, but quince monitors are not. I would recommend a tegu or bearded dragon or leopard gecko depending on your experience to be honest. How much experience do you have keeping lizards?

yulyani

LizardBoy97 said:
Anyone kept this animal before? If so, are they fairly easy to tame, and are they fairly easy to house?

hello,
if you have time you can open the other threat i posted: quince monitor by Tinamarie and new sumatran water monitor,..........i post pictures and story about my melinus

best regards.............

LizardBoy97

TegusRawsome80 said:
I think you should research monitors a bit before you even consider purchasing one. For a quince you're looking at an extremely large enclosure with approximately 1.5 to 2 feet of substrate, which can be expensive to acquire. It will require quite a bit of heat, "furniture" for the cage, and other important stuff. They are generally not easy to tame. Some monitor species i.e. savannahs, albigs, etc. are known for being easier to tame down, but quince monitors are not. I would recommend a tegu or bearded dragon or leopard gecko depending on your experience to be honest. How much experience do you have keeping lizards?

Well, because it is a relatively new breed, i couldn't find much on it for "research" so i figured i would ask here :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980