• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yellow-footed Tortoises

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
So my friend's boyfriend's aunt has this tortoise she is considering giving to her nephew. My friend told me it was a Russian tortoise but when she sent me a pic on my phone, it was a yellow-footed tortoise, Chelonoidis denticulata. No other species I've seen has big yellow patches on the face like that. Anyways, as yellow foots are protected under Appendix II of CITES I was worried that it might be illegal for my friend's aunt to even have the animal in the first place. Is this species legal to keep as a oet in California?

numarix

Hey man, Check out Long island Tortoise Rescue on google they are Nation wide and are very good they can help.

Kebechet

CITES is international law- it only applies to international transportation of the animals or their parts. It has nothing to do with local law saying you can or cannot have the animal. They are classified as vulnerable, but not endangered. I doubt it's illegal to keep, unless it's a potential invasive threat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam