• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yearling Extreme Attitude!

Piercedcub32

Hey guys, Logan is a varnyard, 2011 extreme, he has been the sweetest creature since day one, well, until about 3 weeks ago! Ive read about their attitude swings that can happen around a year.. So, how long does this period last? I have been giving him pretty much free roam of the bed room for about the same 3 weeks. so is it just coincidence that his personality changed around the same time he became cageless? The biggest changes have been, when I reach down to pet him (which he LOVED since I got him) he shakes and and would tail whip me if I wasn't fast enough getting away. He also lunged at my hand, I'm not sure if he was just hungry and though I was going to feed him, or if it was a real defense thing. He will not let me pick him up, rolls and shakes his entire body so I let him go cause I don't want to hurt him, ... it feels like all of the trust we have built in each other is gone.. I think some of the trust on my part is, he is actually big enough to do some damage if he wanted to.. about 42 inches long, 6 lbs. Thanks for your thoughts!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's exploring his independance, storm did the same thing, in fact he still does, he isnt fond of getting picked up, i think this has to do with their size, if you dont have him secured(the way he wants) it makes them nervous because they arent meant to be up high, storm hasnt tried to bite me but i had have him tailwhip when he dont want to be bothered,i still hold him even when he puts up a fight eventually he gets the point and stop struggling

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced