• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

wow what a difference, amazing

kellen.watkins

So I noticed when vanilla was roaming around the reptile room that there were a couple places she couldn't fit anymore so I decided to take a photo and measure her, 2 weeks ago she was 11" now she is pretty close to 15" :) here are a couple pics one being the day I got her the other taken 10 minutes ago, sorry there wasn't much light and I didn't wanna keep her from basking too long as she just ate 2 borderline fuzzies and is in her 2nd shed, I'm proud of her so I will keep posting these when I notice size and color difference

FYI: she is a 2011 extreme giant from blizzard and sugar pairing

new2tegus

Well kellen, you will be happy to know her brother is doing very well, he just finished his second shed, and is a hair over 16in, he more than hangs off the 12in fieldstone I got him lol. I compromised, and half the cage is the repti carpet, the other is mulch with about 5 to 7in of depth to burrow in, and he loves it now. We are getting better, he trusts me now, not quite enough to pick him up,but because of all the moving and rearranging I understand lol.

Kebechet

new2tegus said:
Well kellen, you will be happy to know her brother is doing very well, he just finished his second shed, and is a hair over 16in, he more than hangs off the 12in fieldstone I got him lol. I compromised, and half the cage is the repti carpet, the other is mulch with about 5 to 7in of depth to burrow in, and he loves it now. We are getting better, he trusts me now, not quite enough to pick him up,but because of all the moving and rearranging I understand lol.

Please be careful with repti-carpet. If it's the same fabric material that they used for cage carpet 10 years ago, it can be very dangerous for reptiles with small, sharp claws. They can get their claws caught in it, and then break something while "death rolling."

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Hah! They grow SOOOO FAST. Last year, Aesop was shedding once a week. He's nearly four feet now (well, he would be if he hadn't lost a foot of his tail)...

Get friendly with them now...cuz soon they'll be huge!

new2tegus

This is from repti med, carpet is close knit,so I think it's more on top, it's not that large knit where claws can get into. I've been doing pretty well on the friendly part, he's now getting on my hand and is very happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602