• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Would this work for Savannah Monitor Cage?

casey15

My dad has a HUGE armoire, that's just sitting in our garage. It's very tall, but would be turned on the side. It already has secure doors, I'd cut in holes for the light fixturs and drill in holes for ventilation. I'd use waterproofer on it, put a piece of plexiglass in one of the doors to help hold in humidity. Would this work if I gutted it? The size would be 4 feet tall, 8.5 feet long, and 5 feet wide? It seems like a better idea than building, since I wouldn't have to go buy plwood

Dana C

If you seal it well on the inside...and I mean VERY well with marine grade polyurethane and seal the seams with silicon, it would work and would look good as well. Rather than cut holes in it for lighting, install lighting fixtures on the inside and use wire with plugs on the end, all of which you have to do yourself. You can use a florescent fixture on one end and UV and heat lamps on the other.

aambumann

Here is the start of a t.v. armoire that I used. Still needs some tweaking. This is the top half of a 2 piece unit. The bottom half was the base with 2 drawers. This one will be more terrestrial than arboreal.

tegzilla

it would work as a temporary home the monitor would grow out of it in time.but seal it so there's no leaks and so you dont get mold in the cracks.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
If its really 8.5ft long then it should be a good size for its whole life, just give it some free roaming exercise time....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602