1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Won't Eat

Discussion in 'Colombian Tegu Discussion' started by Django, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Django

Django New Member

Any idea what's going on? Recently I've been feeding my Black&White Colombian Tegu Ground turkey with Calcium and D3 powder kneaded in about 2 weeks ago then he started to refuse his food for days straight so I got chicken gizzards and hearts, now's he refusing that and won't eat it's been a problem for a few days now are there any other staple food suggestions?
  2. Django

Django New Member

Update after placing his food immediately after this post he started to eat...... but please give me other food options still
  3. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Whole prey items
    Walter1 likes this.
  4. Griffin

Griffin Member

You can’t feed them just ground turkey , they seldom come across that in the wild , that should be more like a treat. Whole prey is the best and most realistic- crickets, spotted roaches, horn worms, meal worms, a pinky every once in a while
  5. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Although they don't brumate ..... I am finding that they still vastly slow down for winter

Alphas appetite has probably halved