• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wild Extreme Giant??

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This picture was taken in Brazil, and it looks to be an Extreme to me. The author says:

We saw this when walking through a forest in Brazil, and I just had to get a picture. I creeped slowly behind it, and it turned its head. I took the photo, and look at the result!

Unfortunately, the picture doesn'y really show the size of the lizard... it was huge!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wizziebob/18731465/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/wizziebob/18731465/</a><!-- m -->

Attachments

• b_south_america.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 10
  • Wild Extreme.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 7

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think it would be too much to think they could be found in parts of Brazil as well. It borders a large part of the Grand Chaco region.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Haha I was thinking about it this summer when I graduate, I plan to visit Bobby's zoo :D and argentina would be awesome...bring some welder gloves, thick boots, and patience...lol

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I enlarged the pic hoping to get a better look. The person labeled it as a Red tegu but I highly doubt that. Someone should try contacting them through their flickr account and ask them the exact location.

18731465_b5ff5a4b80.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I enlarged the pic hoping to get a better look. The person labeled it as a Red tegu but I highly doubt that. Someone should try contacting them through their flickr account and ask them the exact location.

18731465_b5ff5a4b80.jpg

I did contact him, I am waiting for an answer, but the picture is 4 years old.

hoosier

5 Year Member
me too bobby. look at those jowels and everything. it would be amazing to have fresh bloodlines but we have alreadytalked about that lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well I got an answer about where he was at, he was just outside of Iguazu.

Hello Bobby!

First of all, thank you for your interest in my photographs.

The image which you are talking about was taken just outside of Iguazu. I'm not sure how common they are in the area, but the fella we came across seemed pretty confident.

Thanks again!

--
Rob Milsom

Attachments

• b_south_america.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 5
  • Map%201.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 8

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As for the head it is a leaf, look at it is behind his head.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 5

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it safe to assume the green highlight area is the Chaco region? Making the location presumably close.

800px-GranChacoApproximate.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced